Welcome to my thoughts...even the sky is not the limit!




While I waited for my bus on the way home after work. Monday, February 2012. (mobile camera shot)

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pfaff Ambition 1.5

I went to a sewing machine shop today to have a look on a Pfaff Ambition 1.0. After having used little time on which brand and type of model will suits my needs sewing ethnic garments especially very thin fabrics, I found Pfaff as the brand which could meet my sewing needs. Phaff is welknown for their IDT (Integrated Dual Feed) feature which means that the fabric is fed from bottom but also from top. This gives a really good finish. I tried to sew on a thin fabric at the shop. First without the IDT and then with the IDT. The results were really amazing. I have sewn in thin fabrics using my mom's old Singer machine. It is really hard to feed the thin fabric evenly and the result would also be a little crumpled. The difference could be felt today :)

The Ambition 1.0 was out of stock - seems like it is a very popular model. The differents between 1.0 and 1.5 are only that the latter one have a touch screen and a bobbin thread sensor. For me the last two thing were not that important that I would pay 200$ extra for these features.
However I ended trying the 1.5 model as the 1.0 was out of stock. And it seems quite easy with the touch screen actually. You get a stick/pin which makes it easy to do the selections. 
The personnel in the shop were nice to let me try few features, and showed how it worked. :)
I was impressed by the features... Lot of things happened in the sewing machine world since I have tried my mom's old Singer machine for years, I may admit.

The good news was that since 1.0 was out of stock they offered the 1.5 to the very same price as the 1.0 :)
Now I was in real trouble, I never planned to buy a sewing machine for more than 1000kr (approx 200$). But at same time I already had seen that it would be tough to get a cheaper sewing machine to fulfill my needs. Hence I only wanted "to have a look" today.

Sometimes you shall pay for the value, and I decided to buy one right there in the shop.
I ordered the Ambition 1.5 based on the 40 minutes trial I had in the shop and also based on my search on the net past few days. Now waiting for it to be delivered :)

Now the sewing machine is in place, I need to overcome any laziness and lay it on the shelves and get started to create what I have longed for so many years. Make my own sarees :)


Warren Buffet: " "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
I hope he is certainly right!

Have a good night!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you got a good deal. I have the Ambition 1.0 and I do a lot of sewing really heavy materials and it has not yet had any problems sewing super heavy stuff. I'm sure that you will get your money's worth from the Ambition 1.5 as well.

    The biggest differences between the 1.0 and the 1.5 is the 1.5 has more stitches and the touch screen. The basic workings of the machine are the same.

    ReplyDelete

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table
"Bonded Sculpture" -(mobile cam shot)

Flowers of week 3

Flowers of week 3
I couldn't stand for these beautiful burned red coloured roses with a "rust/antic" look (can not be seen on pictures)

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station
I couldn't just stand there and look at this beautiful scenery without taking a picture with my mobile phone.

My Scrapbook

My Scrapbook
My Scrapbook on my coffee table

Weekly flowers

Weekly flowers
Flowers of week 2

Rose

Rose
One of my drawings