Welcome to my thoughts...even the sky is not the limit!




While I waited for my bus on the way home after work. Monday, February 2012. (mobile camera shot)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Making patterns over and over and over...

Sometimes you go to the shoppingcenters on a Saturday, buy those things you think you will use almost every day and also think that you really need them. You get a great satisfaction the moment you buy those things, come home and put the shopping bags on the couch or table or whereever you find it convenient to place them, and relax a little bit and start you usual routines doing everything else than unpacking the bought things. Sometimes days pass away before you open the shopping bags and find time to remove the price tags. Sometimes you just hang those clothes in the wardrobe even without removing the price tags.
I have done lot of this kind of shopping for years. This year I decided not to such shopping. Somehow I fell back in the habit last weekend and bought a gymball and a yoga matt saying to myself that I will get started doing the exercises right away. I quess a week or two passed by, and I haven't even used the things till now. This evening I decided to pull myself together and do those exercises which are really good for your back and stomach.
What a relief after doing those exercises... The posture will be corrected soon :)

I went to the sewing class today. That was really good. I cut out a pattern for the saree blouse after Burda pattern no 7701, and cut the pieces in a fabric. Stitched them together, herafter my teacher adjusted the blouse and pinned the exessive material, and draw few lines on the blouse, etc. I draw a new pattern out of the corrections made on the blouse, cut new pieces of fabric and stitched them together. When finishing the latter part the time also ran out. And I will try the new blouse next time, so my teacher can tell whether we have a final pattern or need to adjust more. This is a time consuming process, lot of preparations need to be done, before a final pattern  is made to your measures. But I believe the final result will be satisfying that all hours spent will be valuable.

Herefter I can focus on adding sleeves. This is really a big project :)

Today I also found a salwar kameez picture on net, which dupatta had the right colour combinations I want to   use in my saree design. Two really nice colours combined, And I can not wait to get the sewing machine to stitch my new sarees !!!

Oh by the way I totally forgot to write the titles of the sewing books I borrowed at the library last Friday:
"Sy selv - grundbogen" & "Sy selv, i specialstoffer" (Danish)
"Sewing Essentials" & "Sewing Specialty Fabrics" by Singer Sewing Reference Library.
More books in this series!!

And today's person is selected because of his contribution to the mankind with his sewing machines...

Today's person of my choice: Isaac M Singer,
..."Many had patented sewing machines before Singer, but his success was based on the practicality of his machine, the ease with which it could be adapted to home use,..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Singer

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table
"Bonded Sculpture" -(mobile cam shot)

Flowers of week 3

Flowers of week 3
I couldn't stand for these beautiful burned red coloured roses with a "rust/antic" look (can not be seen on pictures)

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station
I couldn't just stand there and look at this beautiful scenery without taking a picture with my mobile phone.

My Scrapbook

My Scrapbook
My Scrapbook on my coffee table

Weekly flowers

Weekly flowers
Flowers of week 2

Rose

Rose
One of my drawings