Welcome to my thoughts...even the sky is not the limit!




While I waited for my bus on the way home after work. Monday, February 2012. (mobile camera shot)

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Writing from Toronto

I've been on a long break from this blog. An idea hit my mind and all of sudden I ran into unexpected things: I ended up moving to Canada and one of my dream living abroad came true out of the blue - all executed within 3 months only.

I took one year leave from my current work place, gave up my apartment in Copenhagen, packed my bags and landed in Pearson International Airport mid February 2013. 
Luckily for me I was accepted by my relatives to stay with them, otherwise I may be short of money by this time as I had no luck finding an engineering job in Toronto yet. And I do not really want to move to another province 4000 km away - Alberta. And start all over again making new friends in a new environment.

I don't know where the past five and a half months disappeared, but time flies really fast these days. Really a sad fact, indeed! I've this feeling of catching up a lot but do only have time for few things at a time. Maybe I should be relaxed and just be happy for the fact that I'm actually getting the few things done at least :)

Apart from the job hunting, I have been putting myself into meeting new and wonderful people, and also have been putting some hours into the volunteering area. To be honest I'm not a volunteer person but this role really appealed to me in some ways. Being with a person who knows, he/she is going to die within 3-4 months put your whole life into a new perspective. Being with these people really makes you think of your company of friends, family and acquaintances, who has surrounded you almost throughout your whole life. 

There comes a time where you want to move away from some and get closer to some - simply because you start to realize what life is all about. You definitely want to have those cheerful, highly motivated and caring individuals closer to you, and let those not quite positive and less caring people be a distant memory. How long time can you be kind enough accepting those people being a part of your life? Easy to say but hard to follow up on. There comes times where you have to stand tall and tell people, they are not right, or their behavior or how they treat others are not nice, but would you be able to tell that to their face? Now you know some are not right, can you do the right follow-up on your thought? Or would you be able to stop yourself from participating in or reacting to those people's talk. Tricky! But it is worth pondering for a while. Being kind is so easy but being kind to those non-kind people put you through a fire. I've just begun taking the very first baby steps into this - a whole mountain needs to be climbed, and I'm still deep down along the valley wandering and wondering how to get myself up to the top.

I don't know when the next post would be here as job hunting and meetings with wonderful people is my new full time job lately. Hopefully I would be organised to manage my time properly and post few thoughts once in a while. Because this is really an interesting topic and I want to keep track of my thoughts on this through this blog. (For once I'm saying I don't know when the next post would be here lol)

So today's thought is:
"Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, 
a heart that forgives the worst, 
a mind that forget the bad, 
and a soul that never loses faith in God"

I came across this quote a day ago or so on one of those pages I have liked on Facebook. And Google didn't give me any answer to who the author for this quote is. If anybody knows, please let me know.


Have a good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table
"Bonded Sculpture" -(mobile cam shot)

Flowers of week 3

Flowers of week 3
I couldn't stand for these beautiful burned red coloured roses with a "rust/antic" look (can not be seen on pictures)

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station
I couldn't just stand there and look at this beautiful scenery without taking a picture with my mobile phone.

My Scrapbook

My Scrapbook
My Scrapbook on my coffee table

Weekly flowers

Weekly flowers
Flowers of week 2

Rose

Rose
One of my drawings