Welcome to my thoughts...even the sky is not the limit!




While I waited for my bus on the way home after work. Monday, February 2012. (mobile camera shot)

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Free like a bird!

Hi everyone,
I wanted to post some thoughts for few hours ago, and now I lost it.
Anyways, I'm enjoying the long weekend and I should be preparing for my English exam this Tuesday. Somehow it is so complicated to find the disciplin for revising.
I may see what I can do this Tuesday. Writing this post will help a bit, maybe.
Well, I had my race last Wednesday. I didn't make it within the 30 minutes, which I looked for. It took me 33:38 :-( I may say I was bit disappointed. Because I know I can make it within the 30 minutes. So I went out for a 5km jogging today. The next race is on 14th of June. I've to improve my running skills, lol.

Lately I've not been on the higher frequencies so I made up myself to catch the loose ends so I can concentrate my mind and do my tasks perfectly.
I may admit that perfection somehow left my mind for years now. Order and improvement are words which I don't use that much energy on. Perfection is such a beautiful word. And I still remember how much effort I've put on certain things to come out with the best results when I was back in school. 6 years after university period, and I'm here well-knowing I can do much better than this.

I had the great pleasure to read the first chapters in this book "The Postive Principle to day" by Norman Vincent Peale. (Of course I'm reading the Danish version: Positiv tænkning og handling" :-)
And more I read from it more I realised that a particular word has filled my mind for several years now. The author is using the word "imPOSSIBLE", and how devastating this word can be for people's mind and ability. And for me it has always been this particular sentence: "I don't think I can or I can not...!" Ahhh...I had this sentence as the first one which will probably come out from my mouth if I was introduced to something new. Fortunately the use of this sentence is loosing its intensity, and nowadays I catch myself saying this.

I'm really fascinated by the human mind and its ability to make everything and anything possible - as long as you believe in it. And it really seems like I've wasted years not using the power in our human mind. Why?...simply because of my habitual thinking. And more I started believing on the statement "I can not", sooner I give up. I don't fight, I don't look into myself to get the best performance out of each opportunity. I give up even before I start to think whether if it is possible or not.

But I'm not gonna live with this. I made up my mind in this minute to not say or think the sentence again. The only thing is, that I've all the abilities to achieve everything I want. For a change I would start my sentence for all and every task I've to do with this: I can do this!
Yes I can!
Aah, see, this seems incredibly easy. And maybe it is. I just have to make it into this group of my habitual thinking!
Robins S. Sharma says in his book "The monk who sold his Ferrari" (Danish version: "Munken der solgte sin ferrari" and Tamil version: "Thanathu pokkisathai vitra thuravi") that it takes 21 days to make a new manner your habit. We will see whether he is right on his statement.

Before I finish this post, there was something amazing which I realised this weekend. How wonderful it is to let people chase their dreams. I often use to think about the consequences it may cause and get worried. I often use this way of thinking when it comes to my siblings and parents. I've to comment on their decisions. I could worry about what the next "problem" could be. But what you don't know is nothing worth to worry about. And if a specific matter makes one of your loved ones happy, then why don't you let them chase their dream? And when letting your loved ones do what they really want to do, you understands the exact meaning of "feeling free like a bird". Nothing to worry about. You just know that it is their matter, and if it would make them happy, then you will be happy on their behalf. I'm the eldest in our family, so maybe I've my reasons for my way of thinking. But right now I got rid of it. And yeah I'm feeling like a bird. So much freedom, to be the one I always wanted to be. I quess every relationships will succeed if we just give eachother room and let people chase their own dreams in stead of convincing them to chase our dreams. Yeah I learned a little more of life's wisdom... :-) Better late than never ;-)

Now it is time to sleep after enjoying a wonderful day!
Good night!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I wish you the best for your quest in positive thinking, just remember a can-do attitude is easier said than adopted, so put a lot of effort into it especially at the beginning. Good luck and let us know how it goes! I hope to follow soon!

    ReplyDelete

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table

"Spindelvævslys" on my coffee table
"Bonded Sculpture" -(mobile cam shot)

Flowers of week 3

Flowers of week 3
I couldn't stand for these beautiful burned red coloured roses with a "rust/antic" look (can not be seen on pictures)

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station

Waiting for my train in CPH Central Station
I couldn't just stand there and look at this beautiful scenery without taking a picture with my mobile phone.

My Scrapbook

My Scrapbook
My Scrapbook on my coffee table

Weekly flowers

Weekly flowers
Flowers of week 2

Rose

Rose
One of my drawings